10 December, 2008

throaty

You know how sometimes you feel like you've been innocently good for a long while, abiding all the rules to the point it frustrates you, that you finally decided it's time to let all hell break loose? That's how it was for me, tonight.

I've been utterly fed up with my non-healing persistent dry cough and all the food I had to abstain from, in the hopes that it'd speed up the healing process. Well, healing never quite happened. And I just about had enough of avoiding spicy or cold food/beverages for almost 3 weeks now that I made the wisest decision to just start eating whatever damn thing I like! Spciy mutton murtabak, bring it on! Cold chocolatey ice-cream, I'm coming! Hey, if I'm gonna break the rules, might as well push it as far as I can go. So I ate all that I'm not supposed to eat, all the while secretly hoping that it might have a reverse effect, that somehow these no-no food may bring my annoying cough to a stop. Fat chance!

Nonetheless, it feels good to be reckless sometimes, even to a small degree.

Of course recklessness costs. The price is about RM 15.50, for a bottle of cough syrup. ;) Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home