06 October, 2008

Yiruma

I heard a tune today, a tune so familiar that it resonates with the cords in my heart, yet I can't remember when or where I last heard it. It's a simple enough tune, with a melody that reminded me of the past, but I have no idea which memory of the past it is attached to. I just know that I knew the tune from somewhere within me. Have you had moments like these too? I, for one, often find myself relating emotionally to random tunes that I think I've heard once upon a time ago. For all I knew, I might just be hearing the melody for the very first time, yet I believe wholeheartedly that the tune used to belong to me and a forgotten past. It begins to seem like it's alright to forget the exact scene of that particular past, and just let it be represented with a tune. I think that's how great music is supposed to be. They are supposed to tickle your memory and secretly mould themselves into it, hence exuberate a sense of familiarity. It doesn't matter if you're only hearing it for the first time, you'd still felt as if you've known it forever. Perhaps that's the song of your heart.

As for me, the marvellous tune that triggers this chain of thoughts came from Yiruma's 'Kiss the rain'. Listen to it and let me know that I'm not alone in my ability to relate to it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home