31 July, 2008

oldies

I’m in love with a song from the 60’s – Moon River. It’s originally composed by Henry Mancini, for the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”. I do not know how this man looked like, but his music is simply mesmerizing. Its slow soothing melody buoys my mind under its calm ripples, carrying me to serenity. This is how the beautifully jaded song goes:

Moon river, wider than a mile.
I’m crossing you in style some day.
Oh dream-maker, you heart-breaker,
wherever you’re going I’m going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There’s such a lot of world to see.
We’re after the same rainbow’s end.
Wait around the bend, my Huckleberry friend,
moon river and me.

Such simple lyrics, yet when teamed with the tune, it becomes such a great song to waltz to. I literally want to waltz with someone! It really booted me into dreamy mode. It’s that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home