15 July, 2008

alive

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, all the memories that make me smile in my sleep.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the love that I've been given by everyone that matters.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the genuity that all the conceit has taught me.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the innocence that all the knowledge has given me.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the friendships built on misunderstandings and forgiveness.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the foes made by jealousy and unmentionable similarity.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the joyous tears brought on after a rainstorm.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the grieving smiles that kept me strong.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the self that I once was, only to be kept as a pleasant reminder.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the self that I could be, only to be kept as a dream.

If I were to leave this world alive,
I'd like to carry with me, the self that I have become,
because that is who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home